Hertford Town Manager sacked

Discussion on local sporting fixtures and clubs
Golden
Hertford Town Manager sacked

Post by Golden » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 7:38 pm

Anybody any idea why? From afar and going to a few games in the past year he seemed to be doing okay and getting results - has he offended someone as he was a bit 'loud'. :o :shock: :?
Last edited by Golden on Thu 14 Apr, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hertford Born & Bred

Re: Manager Town Manager sacked

Post by Hertford Born & Bred » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 9:11 pm

Not sure hes been sacked yet unless you know some thing i don't.

http://hertfordtownfc.co.uk/2016/04/12/ ... statement/

According to some one in the club he wanted to leave a couple of months ago, I'm sure it will all come out soon. Over to you LoucasX

Golden

Re: Hertford Town Manager sacked

Post by Golden » Wed 13 Apr, 2016 9:37 pm

A unanimous decision was taken by the Hertford Town committee for Paul Halsey to leave the club at the end of the season. - a sacking is still a sacking by any other name!!
Last edited by Golden on Thu 14 Apr, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve
Project Leader

Re: Manager Town Manager sacked

Post by Steve » Thu 14 Apr, 2016 12:58 am

Manager Town Manager?

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 14 Apr, 2016 9:00 am

Not quite sure how that happened apart from a bit of brain fade but I've edited the original post.

LoucasX

Post by LoucasX » Tue 19 Apr, 2016 10:01 am

Hi folks.

The forum has been very quiet lately so we thought we would create some news for you to talk about ;)

The club statement explains the reasons. I think the last straw was in the Colney Heath game when our bench got in to a fracas with the opposition bench and a father was seen dragging his young boy away saying he had seen enough. The poor lad was pleading for them to stay but the father stuck to his guns. We want to raise our standards to match those of that father.

The decision has come as a shock to many of our fans as we have had our best 2 seasons on the pitch for many years. But we believe long term success will come from creating a community club for families, male and female, young and old. Earlier in he season we tackled a group of fans that over stepped the mark. Although most of them have stopped coming, attendances have still grown this season. This gives us confidence we have the right strategy.

This coming Saturday it is our annual fans day where we give free entry to all and normally get 300 or 400 attendance. With kids and our disabled team being the warm up acts for the first team kick off at 3pm and local band the Bad Men providing music after the match at 5pm we are sure it will be another great family event not to be missed.