£110 fine for assaulting a taxidriver? Seriously?

Comment on policing and law & order issues
Steve
Project Leader
£110 fine for assaulting a taxidriver? Seriously?

Post by Steve » Thu 22 Jan, 2015 10:39 pm

I wasn't in court but this seems unduly lenient in the extreme IMHO.

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/A ... story.html

JohnSmith

Re: £110 fine for assaulting a taxidriver? Seriously?

Post by JohnSmith » Fri 23 Jan, 2015 9:18 am

Nice of the pastor and EHDC to pretty much blame the cab driver for being attacked!

MultiDad

Post by MultiDad » Fri 23 Jan, 2015 10:23 am

a street pastor.....? please tell me he's not a religous loon trying to 'save' peeople...?

Joby

Post by Joby » Fri 23 Jan, 2015 11:03 am

MultiDad wrote:a street pastor.....? please tell me he's not a religous loon trying to 'save' peeople...?
http://www.streetpastors.org/about-us/w ... et-pastor/

Volunteers, working unsociable hours, making sure folk are ok.

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Fri 23 Jan, 2015 3:38 pm

...a less challenging way of putting it :lol:

Golden

Post by Golden » Fri 23 Jan, 2015 3:50 pm

I've known about them for years having worked in partnership with one of the founding groups in the UK. I find them to be quite a helpful organisation and they certainly help support young people out and about in the town centre when the local bobbies are nowhere to be seen - and the bouncers are to busy laughing at the carnage that's just emanated from their establishment because once again they've let people get too drunk and not bothered monitoring what's going on inside until they need to kick their customers out on to the street where they immediately become 'ex-customers' and are no longer their responsibility.

As a confirmed atheist I've never witnessed any lunatic behaviour from them :D and think they are providing a good service to the town.

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat 24 Jan, 2015 6:03 am

Very lenient IMHO.

Reading the article I see EHDC are following the same line as they always have in that they have taken there money for licensing now go fend for yourself.

The street pastor comment of
The leader of the Hertford and Ware Street Pastors, Rick Harwig, earmarked the area by the war memorial, where the attack happened, as a potential hotspot for crime.

He said: “I think that would be the most likely place for it to happen as there is a kebab shop there and a lot of people looking for a lift."

just seems ridiculous. So where ever there is a kebab shop it's a potential crime hotspot?
So kebab shops only sell to criminals? So if this had happened outside a chippie would that then make it a potential crime hotspot?

Anyway if any taxi drivers are looking to beef up security and thinking of a dash cam, before you go spending large amounts of money on a dash cam there are apps. that will turn a smart phone into a dash cam.
Personally, I'm not a taxi driver, I use "AutoGuard Dash Cam - Blackbox" on my android.
I also paid the extra €2.19 for the pro version and it has served me well in the past both in-car and walking.

Edited to add link to AutoGuard Dash Cam - Blackbox https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .autoguard