The most pointless statement ever

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
JohnSmith
The most pointless statement ever

Post by JohnSmith » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 11:39 am

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/H ... story.html" target="_blank

"Labour Party Parliamentary candidate for Hertford and Stortford, Katherine Chibah, stated she would lobby for a cap if she was elected as Labour MP."

She might just as well have said: "When I'm queen of England I'll introduce free travel for everybody."

Also, nice to see Mark Prisk showing his true colours and standing up for the TOCs who are milking the system.

MultiDad

Re: The most pointless statement ever

Post by MultiDad » Thu 04 Sep, 2014 1:01 pm

unfortunately this would be one of their least stupid manifesto pledges.... which will mainly consist of 'take money of f those who have earnt it and give it to those that haven't' :-)

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 04 Sep, 2014 1:50 pm

Could you define "those that haven't'" - are we talking about those that have inherited loads but have never done a stroke of work in their life and don't contribute to society or those that have loads but don't pay tax on it just choose to give the odd bribe to the party in power or invest in tax avoidance schemes?

dennismoore

Post by dennismoore » Thu 04 Sep, 2014 2:40 pm

Unfortunately our ludicrous electoral system means that candidates like Katherine Chibah can only ever be going through the motions in a 'safe' constituency like ours . But she's right to say we need a proper cap on rail fares, this government's 6.1% cap is way too high and commuting to London as many people have to is already ridiculously expensive.

Mark Prisk's response was typically meh, but then he doesn't have to try very hard, he'll be re elected next year whatever he does or doesn't say. But still,I wonder what a single to Redruth would cost him nowadays? ;)