Mystic Meg, the ticket inspector.

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
Ewoowar
Mystic Meg, the ticket inspector.

Post by Ewoowar » Mon 29 Dec, 2014 3:05 pm

A classic.

I filled in my Carnet ticket with the correct date before arriving at Hertford North so the stasi didn't hog tie me. Then on my journey to Moorgate an inspector on the train checked my ticket and tried to issue a fine because he thought I might try to use the ticket again in the future.

WHAT?

The date I'd written was 19 12 14. However as all of the numbers were slightly slanted (which is how I write) he said he believed I would try to change the 1 of the '19' into a 2 and use it again on the 29th.

He said he had a right to issue a fine if he had due reason to believe that an offence was likely to be commited in the future.

So as I argued that this was nonsense we neared the next station and he said he could hold the train there until I paid the fine or got off. Other passengers were astounded.

Not wishing to delay the other passengers I duly disembarked upon which the inspector continued to ask for my details and wanted to issue the fine. When he refused I kept stating that this was wholly unreasonable and against their own laws of travel. He said that if I refuse he would call the police. So I said that if he did so I would do the same and state that I am being held against my will.

Cue blank look.

Cue allowing me to catch the next train without a fine.

Are these people on commission?

Darcy Sarto

Re: Mystic Meg, the ticket inspector.

Post by Darcy Sarto » Tue 30 Dec, 2014 2:24 am

Stunning. Didn't they do film based on this with Tom Cruise where they looked into the future and then went off to arrest perpetrators before they committed the crime?

Assuming this was done in front of others I would say you have a strong case for defamation if any were known to you. Sue the individual and his employers if you can be bothered - they deserve it.

codek2

Re: Mystic Meg, the ticket inspector.

Post by codek2 » Tue 30 Dec, 2014 9:00 am

You must report him to the train operator.

They are horrendous, point out to the operator that at the end of they day they need to remind their inspectors they are serving CUSTOMERS.