Accident at junction of Mill Rd and Railway St

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Steve
Project Leader
Accident at junction of Mill Rd and Railway St

Post by Steve » Mon 14 Jul, 2014 2:14 pm

I see there's been a nasty looking collision on the mini roundavout outside Hertford East station - a silver hatchback with substantial damage to the front and a Virgin van. Two police cars and ambulances in attendance.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more frequently as I'm always seeing both cars and lorries shoot across the junction at speed.

Golden

Re: Accident at junction of Mill Rd and Railway St

Post by Golden » Mon 14 Jul, 2014 5:59 pm

Same here; I was discussing this with a cabbie friend of mine only last week. The sight lines approaching the roundabout from town and Tescos are no good and some drivers are going across too fast; I've seen a number of near misses myself.

James007

Post by James007 » Mon 14 Jul, 2014 6:08 pm

I saw the silver vehicle just after the accident.

In my opinion, the roundabout is too small and is not robust enough with a kerb line, and there are no Highway warnings on approaching from Mill Road or Railway Street.

I am surprised that a bus has not been involved before.

codek2

Post by codek2 » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 8:27 am

agreed that this is a tricky roundabout to negotiate - for whatever reason that is!

claudiaj

Post by claudiaj » Thu 17 Jul, 2014 4:27 pm

I have seen more accidents happen than anywhere else, that has been happening for years. There is now so much traffic with all the extra housing and will only get worse with the new development being built on Marshgate Drive. People drive too fast!