A Sense of Place Exhibition May 24th to 26th

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
mr_tim
Re: A Sense of Place Exhibition May 24th to 26th

Post by mr_tim » Mon 26 May, 2014 9:32 am

Fantastic exhibition. I hope it might make its way into a book one day...

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Mon 26 May, 2014 12:10 pm

Would have really liked to have got along to see this but unfortunately had other commitments. Glad it went well though.

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Tue 27 May, 2014 2:16 pm

mr_tim wrote:Fantastic exhibition. I hope it might make its way into a book one day...
It may well, watch this space as they say!

pinkstar

Post by pinkstar » Tue 27 May, 2014 3:57 pm

Thank you Marilyn for all your hard work. Although not from Bengeo there was still lots of interesting information to be had and I have to agree a book would be a great idea. It was also my first time to see inside St Leonards Church and plan to return to a service in the not to distant future.

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Wed 28 May, 2014 7:57 am

Almost 1400 visitors, amazing! many had not been inside the church before so it was a good opportunity for seeing the church as well. They have a website and there are a number of concerts during the summer as well as open afternoons on Saturdays and Sundays.

http://stleonards.parishofbengeo.com/church/index.html" target="_blank

http://stleonards.parishofbengeo.com/church/events.html" target="_blank

xnetco

Post by xnetco » Mon 02 Jun, 2014 8:31 am

I'm really annoyed I missed this. Was there anything on Bengeo Hall and the surrounding buildings?

gemipicorn

Post by gemipicorn » Mon 02 Jun, 2014 5:09 pm

xnetco wrote:I'm really annoyed I missed this. Was there anything on Bengeo Hall and the surrounding buildings?
Bengeo Hall and all the surrounding buildings were covered. Marilyn is working on repeating the exhibition so hopefully you will be able to see it then. :D

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 9:28 am

I was cross i missed this but was away for the weekend. I was also at Bengeo Hall on Friday and the current owners were also annoyed they had missed this as they were really keen to attend.

They would be interested in seeing the exhibition if it does come on again. Marilyn, if you have any information on Bengeo Hall I know the current owners would be interested and I can put you in touch to visit the house as it is now.

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 4:37 pm

Kateg28 wrote:I was cross i missed this but was away for the weekend. I was also at Bengeo Hall on Friday and the current owners were also annoyed they had missed this as they were really keen to attend.

They would be interested in seeing the exhibition if it does come on again. Marilyn, if you have any information on Bengeo Hall I know the current owners would be interested and I can put you in touch to visit the house as it is now.

I did visit the house last year when we had the Hertford Oral History Party there, unfortunately did not meet the owners. Also remember it when Mr and Mrs Savory snr. where there! I knew Mrs Savory's sister when she worked at Queenswood School.

It is looking as if I have a date and different venue to put the exhibition on again later in the year, as soon as it is confirmed I will let you know. I do have a lot of info on Bengeo Hall! You may be able to contact me through my profile?

xnetco

Post by xnetco » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 4:40 pm

Marilyn wrote:
Kateg28 wrote:I was cross i missed this but was away for the weekend. I was also at Bengeo Hall on Friday and the current owners were also annoyed they had missed this as they were really keen to attend.

I did visit the house last year when we had the Hertford Oral History Party there, unfortunately did not meet the owners. Also remember it when Mr and Mrs Savory snr. where there! I knew Mrs Savory's sister when she worked at Queenswood School.

It is looking as if I have a date and different venue to put the exhibition on again later in the year, as soon as it is confirmed I will let you know. I do have a lot of info on Bengeo Hall! You may be able to contact me through my profile?
Thanks. I would be interested in this too.