Hertford Secondary Schools

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Kateg28
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue 03 Dec, 2013 9:53 am

Re: Hertford Secondary Schools

Post by Kateg28 » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 2:38 pm

Oh yes :D
2929paul
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun 01 Dec, 2013 6:14 pm

Re: Hertford Secondary Schools

Post by 2929paul » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 7:10 pm

Just to add to all this about the lovely Hertford community being a great place to bring up the kids. A friend of mine moved here from Enfield when he started his family. He said that it makes him laugh that some of the Hertford kids think they're tough. In his opinion they wouldn't last five minutes on the streets of Enfield, with their posh accents, good manners and clean cut looks, let alone when it came to trying to defend themselves in a fight. Essentially, you're getting a different set of values from this community and not fighting a lone battle as a parent to keep your children on the straight and narrow.
User avatar
gemipicorn
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun 01 Dec, 2013 6:04 pm

Re: Hertford Secondary Schools

Post by gemipicorn » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 7:36 pm

KatyBusby wrote:Thanks everyone. I can't wait! And yay at the castle too. Here we have a Flavas Chicken & Chips. :)

And indeed I have been looking in Bengeo. And just about everywhere in Hertford as well. My bathroom is literally being ripped out today so I can get maximum equity out of this... 'ramshackle' (to put it nicely) house.

You'll all be coming to my housewarming, right? Gem, Kate? :lol:

Especially if you are in Bengeo, we could be very close. I don't get out much :D
KatyBusby
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun 19 Jan, 2014 10:32 am

Re: Hertford Secondary Schools

Post by KatyBusby » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 9:22 pm

2929paul wrote:Just to add to all this about the lovely Hertford community being a great place to bring up the kids. A friend of mine moved here from Enfield when he started his family. He said that it makes him laugh that some of the Hertford kids think they're tough. In his opinion they wouldn't last five minutes on the streets of Enfield, with their posh accents, good manners and clean cut looks, let alone when it came to trying to defend themselves in a fight. Essentially, you're getting a different set of values from this community and not fighting a lone battle as a parent to keep your children on the straight and narrow.
That's great to hear Paul. Thank you. I am reasonably near Enfield myself (and in the borough of) but I tend to avoid it which is fairly easy as it's not on any of the local bus routes. ;)

Gem, I love Bengeo and even looked at the unmortgagable Airey house on Glebe Road recently. A lot smaller than the pictures but the garden was amazing!
User avatar
Darcy Sarto
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun 01 Dec, 2013 7:38 am

Re: Hertford Secondary Schools

Post by Darcy Sarto » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 10:23 pm

2929paul wrote:Just to add to all this about the lovely Hertford community being a great place to bring up the kids. A friend of mine moved here from Enfield when he started his family. He said that it makes him laugh that some of the Hertford kids think they're tough. In his opinion they wouldn't last five minutes on the streets of Enfield, with their posh accents, good manners and clean cut looks, let alone when it came to trying to defend themselves in a fight. Essentially, you're getting a different set of values from this community and not fighting a lone battle as a parent to keep your children on the straight and narrow.
Mrs S teaches in Enfield and retreats to Bengeo every evening to re-charge. I think she has it the right way round!
Donostia
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed 04 Dec, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Hertford Secondary Schools

Post by Donostia » Thu 23 Jan, 2014 10:26 pm

2929paul wrote: In his opinion they wouldn't last five minutes on the streets of Enfield, with their posh accents, good manners and clean cut looks, let alone when it came to trying to defend themselves in a fight..
So said many a scrawny inner city kid before a posh rugby player knocked em bandy in a West End bar . :lol:
KatyBusby
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun 19 Jan, 2014 10:32 am

Re: Hertford Secondary Schools

Post by KatyBusby » Fri 24 Jan, 2014 1:36 pm

Donostia wrote:
2929paul wrote:So said many a scrawny inner city kid before a posh rugby player knocked em bandy in a West End bar . :lol:
Aww, I wonder if my son will ever try rugby. Right now he does gymnastics and is the shortest in his year, including the girls! :lol: He wants to be a free runner when he's older so at the very least he'd be able to jump across buildings to escape the rugby player. ;) :D
User avatar
Darcy Sarto
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun 01 Dec, 2013 7:38 am

Re: Hertford Secondary Schools

Post by Darcy Sarto » Fri 24 Jan, 2014 5:33 pm

KatyBusby wrote:
Donostia wrote:
2929paul wrote:So said many a scrawny inner city kid before a posh rugby player knocked em bandy in a West End bar . :lol:
Aww, I wonder if my son will ever try rugby. Right now he does gymnastics and is the shortest in his year, including the girls! :lol: He wants to be a free runner when he's older so at the very least he'd be able to jump across buildings to escape the rugby player. ;) :D
Sounds like a scrum half to me.
User avatar
gemipicorn
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun 01 Dec, 2013 6:04 pm

Re: Hertford Secondary Schools

Post by gemipicorn » Sat 25 Jan, 2014 5:02 pm

KatyBusby wrote:
2929paul wrote:
Gem, I love Bengeo and even looked at the unmortgagable Airey house on Glebe Road recently. A lot smaller than the pictures but the garden was amazing!
We used to live in that part of Bengeo, most of it was built in the 30s when people grew there own veg so they usually have lovely big gardens.
KatyBusby
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun 19 Jan, 2014 10:32 am

Re: Hertford Secondary Schools

Post by KatyBusby » Sat 25 Jan, 2014 9:38 pm

I had to look up "scrum half". :P

Yes, I noticed they all seem to have amazing gardens up there Gem. I found a gorgeous one in Bengeo today - a big townhouse, but it's over budget! Boooo! :(
Post Reply