Hertford EBay Traders Meet Up

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Ron Kords
Hertford EBay Traders Meet Up

Post by Ron Kords » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 2:32 pm

I run an EBay trading company based in Hertford. While using the post and sorting offices in the town I have recognised others mailing EBay or other internet based sales. A quick search has revealed lots of local businesses with an internet sales presence. I thought there may be an interest in establishing an informal user's group meet up to discuss, seek and proffer advice, look for best practise and generally exchange our on-line experiences. With the wide range of businesses in Hertford I doubt if we'll be in competition with each other for sales ! To give an idea of the sort of things I would find helpful would be "Using all the advantages of Selling Manager Pro" "Using Terapeak" "Comparison of Delivery Costs" ( Royal Mail v Private Courier, signed for or recorded deliveries) This is not a exhaustive list by any means.
Also we generally work alone or in small groups in what we do and perhaps can feel a little isolated - so even the social aspect may be stimulating.
If there is sufficient support, I'm happy to organise the place and time. The back bar of a pub in the evening sounds good.
Any views ?

Toady

Re: Hertford EBay Traders Meet Up

Post by Toady » Tue 11 Feb, 2014 9:57 pm

Are you serious? If so I'd like to add "dealiing with difficult feedback" to the agenda. And yes, the back bar of a hostelry sounds ideal.

Ron Kords

Post by Ron Kords » Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:14 am

Thanks Toady. Yes it is a serious suggestion !
Anyone else ?

McHardy24

Post by McHardy24 » Thu 13 Feb, 2014 1:54 pm

I don't have an online shop yet, but this is something that I was looking to set up over the coming months and would be really interested to find out other peoples experiences of on-line trading - I am currently looking into the best route to take - eBay, Amazon or going it alone!

Let me know if I would be welcome - I do think meeting at a pub sounds like a good idea!

Toady

Post by Toady » Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:52 pm

Count me in!

mr_tim

Post by mr_tim » Tue 18 Feb, 2014 11:25 am

I work in e-commerce and use eBay as a sales channel so would be interested in this too.