Anyone own a Morris Minor?

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
mattinhertford
Anyone own a Morris Minor?

Post by mattinhertford » Wed 02 Apr, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi all,

As part of a mid-life crisis, I'm thinking of buying an old classic car to tinker with as I mull over the next 40 years of life, but before I leap into it (which I'm prone to doing!) I thought I should at least chat to someone who has one now (ideally a Morris Minor) and check what I'm letting myself in for? i.e. is it hours and hours of endless maintenance to keep it on the road, or is it relatively cheap and enjoyable!

Obviously its all down to an individuals perspective but I promised my wife I would do some checking and not buy the first scrapheap I see!

So, its a long shot, but if you know anyone who has one and you think would be open to a chat to a (soon to be) budding enthusiast, then pls message me.

Thanks all.

Matt

Craig

Re: Anyone own a Morris Minor?

Post by Craig » Wed 02 Apr, 2014 5:00 pm

Hi MattinHertford.
I've got a 1967 Morris Minor.
Great fun to drive and easy to maintain.
PM me and we can go for a spin.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 8:27 am

If it's a traveller make sure the wood is ok. Sometimes they look ok but it's rotten underneath. If you push the wood and water comes out, walk away.
There was a company that does the wooden frame but not sure if they are still around. I saw them on a episode of wheeler dealers where they had to replace the wood on a traveller due to rot.

mattinhertford

Post by mattinhertford » Fri 04 Apr, 2014 12:31 pm

Thanks Craig, Joe, appreciate your comments. Craig, I'll be in touch.