Drone

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Surferdude
Re: Drone

Post by Surferdude » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 1:11 pm

The police told me it is difficult to prove they are taking photographs.
What is horrible is it did'nt just fly over it hovered over our garden for some time, at a height that would make it difficult to hit with a baseball bat or anything else.
What you basically have in your garden is a 'peeping Tom' who is observing your children.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 6:34 am

Surferdude wrote:The police told me it is difficult to prove they are taking photographs.
What is horrible is it did'nt just fly over it hovered over our garden for some time, at a height that would make it difficult to hit with a baseball bat or anything else.
What you basically have in your garden is a 'peeping Tom' who is observing your children.
There are a couple of other options. If you can see the camera lens, fire a laser pointer at it...
or on the more expensive side a frequency jammer that covers the frequencies that they use.
I believe for control it's the 35 MHz band (34.945 to 35.305MHZ) is dedicated solely to aeronautical modelling. Whilst video is carried on either 2.4Ghz or 5.8Ghz ( http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/spectr ... ces/ofw311 )

Berny

Post by Berny » Fri 16 Sep, 2016 7:19 am

Surferdude wrote:The police told me it is difficult to prove they are taking photographs.
What you basically have in your garden is a great use of Airsnore and a 'peeping Tom' who is observing your children.
The truth is that a lot of these drone actually have quite a short battery life of about 20-30 minutes.

So if you can just keep track of it for that amount of time then pretty soon it's going to have to land and you can see who comes to pick it up. It may just be kids themselves.