Freeview Signal Issues

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Colonel Mustard
Freeview Signal Issues

Post by Colonel Mustard » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi, is anyone else experiencing issues with Freeview? We have had random and different channels dropping in and out since Thursday.

Joe

Re: Freeview Signal Issues

Post by Joe » Sun 25 May, 2014 5:37 am

Colonel Mustard wrote:Hi, is anyone else experiencing issues with Freeview? We have had random and different channels dropping in and out since Thursday.

You can use the "postcode Checker" on the BBC site to see what work is going on http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/" target="_blank

I checked where our house is, SG14 2ED, and all it says is "Crystal Palace BBC Digital TV Very Weak Signal from 02:00 on 22 May to 03:06 on 22 May."

Colonel Mustard

Post by Colonel Mustard » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:40 am

Thanks, yes I checked this. We are still having problems, so it is not clear if the engineering is overrunning or had made changes in transmission which means adjusting the aerial. Just interested in whether others are experiencing the same?

theadmans

Post by theadmans » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 4:08 pm

My parents in law use Freeview in Villiers Street Hertford.

They have an aerial pointing towards Sandy Bedfordshire.

All the channels from Sandy are fine. However, ITV3 insists on coming from London instead and is a poor picture.

I have tried a full factory reset on their TV and and tried Sorting Channels by Region but ITV3 still comes from London.

I notice there is a manual tune option. Does anyone in Hertford have ITV3 coming from Bedfordshire and can give me the Frequency so I can try to tune in Manually ?

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 5:05 pm

Try http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TL204494" target="_blank
theadmans wrote:My parents in law use Freeview in Villiers Street Hertford.

They have an aerial pointing towards Sandy Bedfordshire.

All the channels from Sandy are fine. However, ITV3 insists on coming from London instead and is a poor picture.

I have tried a full factory reset on their TV and and tried Sorting Channels by Region but ITV3 still comes from London.

I notice there is a manual tune option. Does anyone in Hertford have ITV3 coming from Bedfordshire and can give me the Frequency so I can try to tune in Manually ?

theadmans

Post by theadmans » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 7:21 pm

Thanks for that Steve the website lists ITV3 in with whole load of other channels in the section COM4 SDN

The Frequency is listed as C51 714.00Mhz for this group - is this what I use for the Manual Tuning ? Sorry I am a novice with Freeview as we have Virgin TV at home.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 7:27 pm

You're asking me? :lol:

I have no idea. I just know where to find the information, not how to use it :)
theadmans wrote:Thanks for that Steve the website lists ITV3 in with whole load of other channels in the section COM4 SDN

The Frequency is listed as C51 714.00Mhz for this group - is this what I use for the Manual Tuning ? Sorry I am a novice with Freeview as we have Virgin TV at home.