HERT4 Draft Plan Response From Landowners

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Hertford?
George
HERT4 Draft Plan Response From Landowners

Post by George » Tue 15 Jul, 2014 5:40 pm

In response to the recent Draft District Plan consultation, the landowners have provided feedback in relation to HERT4 (Land north of Hertford along Sacombe Road / Wadesmill Road).

The current HERT4 "150" homes allocation is made up of two areas; the nursery site (Kler Group) and the land north of this site (Ware Park Trust) and their responses have been uploaded to the eastherts site here:

http://www.eastherts.gov.uk/index.jsp?articleid=29734

I have read through the detailed responses and two points that stand out to me:

(1) Kler group fully support the development (specifically on their land option) but object to any delay in development. They believe that there are no constraints in starting this development as soon as possible and do not believe that the "whole" site should be held until any mineral extraction is completed between 2021-2026. They also believe that this site should be part of the immediate housing shortage strategy.

(2) Ware Park Trust fully support the development and they note that there are no unsolvable constraints to development. They do however feel that the Plan has actually under-identified the area available for development and the associated volume of housing that can be built in HERT4. They believe the area should be expanded to support a larger volume of housing and that the 150 homes should be increased to at least 300. They have noted that as the development completion is expected to be in 2021-2026 then any constraints around schools can either be addressed by the council before then or they could "make a site available for additional primary school provision".

From the information that I have read in these documents, it appears that the landowners feel that the HERT4 site development should be both be larger in scale and quicker to deliver which I suppose sets the tone for their input into any further review of HERT4 and any associated planning applications.

George

Darcy Sarto

Re: HERT4 Draft Plan Response From Landowners

Post by Darcy Sarto » Wed 16 Jul, 2014 5:50 am

They do rather have a point. Not much point in identifying a need and then coming up with "solution" where you sit on your hands and wait for at least another 7 years...

Drama Queen

Post by Drama Queen » Wed 16 Jul, 2014 12:54 pm

Just where are you going to school the children of these developments and deal with the additional water/sewerage facilities??? No objection.. I think there are a lot of serious issues to contend with not just how narrow and now very dangerous since the other development, Sacombe road really is.. I hope nobody plans to have children, no space for any of them now let alone once these homes are built...

MDT

Post by MDT » Wed 16 Jul, 2014 8:48 pm

I’m not surprised that Ware Park Trust are “kindly” offering to provide land for additional primary school provision.

In the medium term, I suspect it is inevitable that some charitable fellow will propose that the current Bengeo School site is sold for housing to release funds for the building of a new school slightly further out. This will, of course, ensure the indirect release of green field land for development.

Anyone who objects to such a plan will be a wicked philistine trying to prevent our poor children from receiving a proper education.