WAR at Hartham - 14th September

Your thoughts on what's to see and do
Taxing
WAR at Hartham - 14th September

Post by Taxing » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 8:41 am

For those of you who think you're fit enough!

http://www.warrioradrenalinerace.co.uk/" target="_blank

I am told up to 5000 people may visit as it is a national event, not sure how true that is though.

Proper boot camp stuff involving military type physical training.
Last edited by Taxing on Fri 20 Jun, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codek2

Re: WAR at Hatham - 14th September

Post by codek2 » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 11:41 am

that looks cool!

City Fella

Post by City Fella » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 12:36 pm

Did the last race that was held on the Dunstable Downs and looking forward to it being held just round the corner now.

Not sure how many took part in that one but the car park at the National Trust centre there was full and there were endless cars being turned away and sent off to the alternative parking site & shuttled in. Imagine that all the car parks of Hertford will do well that day though!

Is a good spectacle to watch too. Entertaining to see someone who has just run 9.5kms jumping into a skip of ice cold water and then being shot at by paintball guns...unless you're the one being targeted!

Taxing

Post by Taxing » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 2:14 pm

I've just told a friend and been told we must enter :shock: I may be used to running 10k but not too sure about the rest of it (my beer belly can cope with a run but obstacles is another matter!) How did you find it last year City Fella and is there a great need for any training other than running?

City Fella

Post by City Fella » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 4:15 pm

Taxing wrote:I've just told a friend and been told we must enter :shock: I may be used to running 10k but not too sure about the rest of it (my beer belly can cope with a run but obstacles is another matter!) How did you find it last year City Fella and is there a great need for any training other than running?
It was tough and there were a few challenging obstacles which sapped the strength (monkey bars and pulling yourself up over a 10ft wall immediately spring to mind). However, the Regiment Fitness guys were brilliant and on hand at each obstacle to assist where required. I understand there will be a number of different obstacles used for this one, some involving the rivers around Hartham so not having a fear of the water would be useful!

The only training I did beforehand was to build up my distance running as had only previously done 5k events so wouldn't say there was any particular need for anything else. However, they are holding various training sessions leading up to the event at a few locations nearby...there is a training session at Hartham on 19th July. It's free to attend but believe you need to have registered beforehand through their website.

Taxing

Re: WAR at Hartham - 14th September

Post by Taxing » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 8:12 pm

Sounds good I think I'll be talked into it, if only to give the wife and kids something to laugh at!

Louis M

Post by Louis M » Wed 25 Jun, 2014 1:31 pm

All booked, looks great.

City Fella

Post by City Fella » Thu 26 Jun, 2014 9:32 am

Just booked myself on to Wave 2...gives me plenty of time to complete it and then sit back & watch others!

Louis M

Post by Louis M » Thu 26 Jun, 2014 1:32 pm

Shame that its on the same day as one true grit in Bennington. I hope that this is a success and that they run it a couple of times a year.

City Fella

Post by City Fella » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 11:41 am

Just a reminder to all that this event is taking place this Sunday at Hartham. From the numbers of entries listed on their website, it looks as though car parks all around town will be busy that day and they have made people fully aware of all the car parks available nearby (including Tesco, Richard Hale & the Council offices).

Even if you are not taking part, it is usually good fun to watch as entrants (myself included) drag their bodies round the course and over/under/through the various obstacles, including some I have noticed in the river!

Fingers crossed, I will be able to cross the line still standing!!!