Hertford East Ticket Office

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
daskier
Hertford East Ticket Office

Post by daskier » Wed 13 May, 2015 7:28 am

A notice board has gone up saying the ticket office will be soon closed temporarily for upgrade.

When and for how long was not mentioned.

How are you meant to plan around that then?

MultiDad

Re: Hertford East Ticket Office

Post by MultiDad » Wed 13 May, 2015 11:58 am

i think you might have mistaken Abellio Greater Anglia/Network Rail for someone who gives a S**t....

AGA's franchise is nearly done and as you can see on the Hert East Platform, cleaning is something they've given up with completely

Ewoowar

Post by Ewoowar » Wed 13 May, 2015 1:07 pm

I think some new seating has been installed. It was there yesterday covered in brown paper.

That said, the whole station is what I may expect to find in a sleepy backwater that gets one train a day not in a busy commuter town just outside London.

Re. the ticket office............I've just logged a request with Abellio asking for dates and also what the upgrade will be.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Thu 14 May, 2015 8:19 am

When I walked past last night there was a sign up saying "We have upgraded our ticketing facilities so getting a ticket will take more time so please allow more time" or words to that effect.

I remember thinking "well how is that an upgrade?". It was also in the past tense so implied it had completed.

It was closed as I walked past at the ungodly hour of 6.30p.m...

Golden

Post by Golden » Thu 14 May, 2015 8:33 am

I also use the line at the weekend when the office is rarely open; I've lost count of the number of times that the machines have been broken too. I wouldn't want to get there too early and hang around for a ticket as the platforms are a health hazard due to the pigeon droppings.

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Thu 14 May, 2015 9:42 am

Kateg28 wrote:When I walked past last night there was a sign up saying "We have upgraded our ticketing facilities so getting a ticket will take more time so please allow more time" or words to that effect.

I remember thinking "well how is that an upgrade?". It was also in the past tense so implied it had completed.

Yes,I saw that too (and took a picture - is there a way to upload images to the forum?). Don't you just love "progress"!!!

The ticket office is never (and I mean NEVER) open when I go past at 5:30pm either (even though the wesbite claims it is open until 6pm).

Well true to their word, it was chaos this morning with queues at the open ticket office and the machines. There was even brefily someone selling tickets on the train although I'm sure this was an aberation as that's almost approaching customer service...

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Thu 14 May, 2015 12:05 pm

newcomer wrote:
Kateg28 wrote:... (and took a picture - is there a way to upload images to the forum?) ...
Use the Attachments tab below the edit window.

Ewoowar

Post by Ewoowar » Thu 14 May, 2015 1:16 pm

newcomer wrote:
Kateg28 wrote:When I walked past last night there was a sign up saying "We have upgraded our ticketing facilities so getting a ticket will take more time so please allow more time" or words to that effect.

Yes,I saw that too (and took a picture - is there a way to upload images to the forum?). Don't you just love "progress"!!!

The ticket office is never (and I mean NEVER) open when I go past at 5:30pm either (even though the wesbite claims it is open until 6pm).

Well true to their word, it was chaos this morning with queues at the open ticket office and the machines. There was even brefily someone selling tickets on the train although I'm sure this was an aberation as that's almost approaching customer service...

Someone selling tickets on the train? I assume this was a member of staff and not some dodgy geezer walking about mumbling, "Got any tickets? Buy or sell".

Assuming it is a member of staff you should count yourself lucky. If it was on Greater Northern the Stasi would have had a field day fining people.

Pharcyde

Post by Pharcyde » Fri 15 May, 2015 7:58 am

The franchise is being taken over by London Overground....not sure if that is a good or bad thing

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Fri 15 May, 2015 9:29 am

Pharcyde wrote:The franchise is being taken over by London Overground....not sure if that is a good or bad thing
It is the bit of line up to Cheshunt via Seven Sisters. (Press Release)

I suspect this might be a bad development for us as surely our existing services will come into conflict with improving services on the bit they will run.