Hertford East Ticket Office

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
codek2
Re: Hertford East Ticket Office

Post by codek2 » Fri 15 May, 2015 11:28 am

I wouldn't assume it's necessarily bad, but the conflict is indeed not good.

Historically when london overground took over the lines they now run they have increased journeys significantly (I saw 40% increase!). whether thats good or bad im not sure :)

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Tue 19 May, 2015 10:13 am

Steve wrote:
newcomer wrote:
Kateg28 wrote:... (and took a picture - is there a way to upload images to the forum?) ...
Use the Attachments tab below the edit window.
Better late than never...
IMG00166-20150513-1733(1).jpg
IMG00166-20150513-1733(1).jpg (87.47KiB)Viewed 14156 times

MultiDad

Post by MultiDad » Tue 19 May, 2015 10:27 am

i can confirm that it took longer to buy my ticket ( a weekly) ...

i could hear folks tutting behind me whilst the ticket office staff put in my post code, then confirmed it, then my house number, then confirmed my street.... and who i am..... i just wanted a ticket :(

Ewoowar

Post by Ewoowar » Wed 20 May, 2015 11:27 am

So the ‘upgrade’ has resulted in a deterioration of customer service?

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Tue 26 May, 2015 11:21 am

Ewoowar wrote:So the ‘upgrade’ has resulted in a deterioration of customer service?
Yes! There were queues everyday last week! Also this morning when I got to experience the new system.What is even worse though, it is clear that they do not have postcode look up (or they don't know how to use it) as once the lady had taken my postcode and my address, she then had to type my road name and number in slowly by hand!

Also, I noticed that a pigeon was already industriously flying in twigs and building an impresive nest in one of the (unprotected clearly) new up lights on the foyer celing! :roll:

MultiDad

Post by MultiDad » Tue 26 May, 2015 1:25 pm

I bought another weekly today from the Ticket Office.... took about 5 mins as it seems every time i buy one, they take my post code. house number and road. as my debit card wasn't introduced to the machine as the exact micro second that the 'system' requires, we had to re-do the whole thing...why do they want all these details? are they planning to rob my house whilst i'm out?

will these details be taken every time I wonder? i dread getting in the queue behind someone who either does not want to impart their details or a tourist (who may not have a UK post code)... at which time i would guess that the non-techno bunny behind the glass will be unable to cope.

I would imagine the next steps for Greater Anglia will be asking those who want a monthly if they are wearing clean undies, and those wanting an annual will need to provide proof of parentage...

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 12:30 pm

Firstly, I would like to apologise whole-heartedly for being "that person" yesterday who holds up the ticket queue and earns the focused ire of all behind (I've done enough glaring myself in the past)!!

However, in my defence I did at least fluster the guy in the ticket office so he said he'd ring through to Liverpool Street and waved the queue onto the train.

Long story short (card declines aside, again sorry!), he couldn't find the Hertford Stations monthly ticket on the new system so just sold me a Hertford East one instead which I then declined.

It must be widely known however that there are problems with the new system as when I got to Liverpool Street instead of the roving ticket sellers arguing with me or making me buy a single to get through the barriers and then claim it back later, when I told them I couldn't get my monthly season ticket they immediately and politely whisked me through the barriers to go and buy it at the ticket office.

Anyway as luck would have it, my ticket desk had a "training in progress" sign at it. Normally this would give you a sinking feeling but in this case it was quite useful.

Predictable the lady being trained couldn't find it on the system so asked her supervisor who walked her through the steps and showed her where it was.

I asked the trainer whether he couldn't go and train Hertford East, he rolled his eyes and said he had offered to train staff at Ware but they had rejected it.

He said he wished people would take a second to read the screens as it clearly gives them the information they need instead of just banging out any old ticket to move you on quickly. More rolling of eyes.

He said that if you come to Liverpool Street up to a week before renewal they will renew your ticket for you there (obviously queues in peak time are a consideration here) and then you don't have to deal with "those people".

So the ticket does exist on their system and you can renew in London up to a week before. Hope this helps someone!

How this is all related to the rumours of this ticket’s demise I don't know, do we have any confirmation on that?

Capitalist Piglet

Post by Capitalist Piglet » Tue 30 Jun, 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks for that Newcomer, useful advice. I found the London Terminals (from Hertford Stations) on the ticket machine today by the simple expediant of typing in "london ter.." & it came up. So now have a ticket I can use on either line albeit for a quid more. The person on the ticket desk said last week that this was not avaliable on their system... well that was wrong; she just didnt know how to find it. So training is an issue

And I've just been advised by TFL that the Victoria Line past Seven Sisters will be closed for most of August - deep joy!

TupennyRush

Post by TupennyRush » Mon 06 Jul, 2015 11:20 am

I had a conversation with one of the guards at Seven Sisters (when the Hert East train was cancelled...) who said that he was really glad London Overground was taking over as the Hert East customers would be rerouted via Tottenham Hale and he was sick of the complaints that he got due to this line....

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Wed 08 Jul, 2015 3:44 pm

TupennyRush wrote:I had a conversation with one of the guards at Seven Sisters (when the Hert East train was cancelled...) who said that he was really glad London Overground was taking over as the Hert East customers would be rerouted via Tottenham Hale and he was sick of the complaints that he got due to this line....
Do we think this will lead to a worse service as the main line via Tottenham Hale will just get more congested?