Need more frequent Buses in Hertfordshire!

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Catlover100
Need more frequent Buses in Hertfordshire!

Post by Catlover100 » Tue 19 Jan, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi there everyone I am from Cheshunt, Hertfordshire and I felt that there are very infrequent buses only 1 an hr on weekdays and one every 2 hrs on Sunday and for people who can't drive it can be hard and I'm from London as well so used to more buses. It's very hard to get around and I would like to increase it to a limit of about a bus every half an hour at least or 20 mins. But I cannot do this on my own and I need your help to please sign my petition on here and spread the word if you agree: Petition · Do More Buses In Cheshunt, Hertfordshire Area! · Change.org https://www.change.org/p/broxbourne-cou ... shire-area.

If you want to know more about why I started tgis petition please go over to change.org using the link.

Have a great day!

jasmine98

Re: Need more frequent Buses in Hertfordshire!

Post by jasmine98 » Wed 20 Jan, 2016 10:05 am

You do not say where you wish to travel. Certainly the Waltham Cross to Hoddesdon corridor has a massive bus service, 310 to Hertford and Waltham Cross every 10-12 minutes, 410 etc to Harlow probably every 30 minutes. Seems to me that although not like London,this is a pretty good service. However, do not move to the villages, some are lucky to get one a day!

Catlover100

Post by Catlover100 » Wed 20 Jan, 2016 10:17 am

Erm excuse me we're not "lucky" to have one a day! It's 2016! Communities have a right to a good public transport service as long as they pay for it. Yes I need Cheshunt to Waltham Cross, Potters Bat, Hoddesfon etc and u say tgeres one every 10 mins and that is a lie or misinformation. I can photograph the bus time table at the stop for you sometime and it is currently one and hour. And once every 2 hrs for Sunday. I think we should have one for every half an hour at least. That's not asking for too much is it most places have that. Please sign that petition and adk your friends too cos if you just get it to 5 sigs it will be made public to the whole of change.org so please help. This is not just for me but for the whole community I know lots of ppl wpuld be so happt.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Wed 20 Jan, 2016 2:33 pm

Catlover100 wrote: I can photograph the bus time table at the stop for you sometime and it is currently one and hour. And once every 2 hrs for Sunday.
Which route are you referring to?

jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 » Wed 20 Jan, 2016 6:36 pm

Well now, there really is no point in calling anyone a liar. I can only refer you to the Intalink website for bus timetables. Nuff Said!

leo densian

Post by leo densian » Wed 20 Jan, 2016 10:14 pm

Catlover100 wrote:Communities have a right to a good public transport service as long as they pay for it.
And there, presumably lies the problem. Is there the demand you say, or would more regular services only be running with a couple of passengers? And if so, what price the ticket to subsidise it?

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 9:49 am

Your second post appeared to come across as quite aggressive which is not ideal when you are trying to get people to do something for you.

The 310 does appear to be every 10-12 minutes so there is no lie there. and you completely misunderstood Jasmine98 comment about being lucky, they were actually sympathising with your cause and pointing out the have a poor bus service. But it all does come to the fact of paying for it. If there are only 2 people on the bus then it becomes a loss service and why should I pay to subsidise a service that is of no interest to me? It needs to reduce the service until it becomes profitable or vital. So you do need at least one bus a day to and from the villages.

I used to live in a village and they changed the bus timetable meaning my son couldn't get to school so I spoke to my councillor (nicely, you catch more bees with honey than you do with vinegar) and he really helped me (never forgot your help Roger Beeching, top man!).

Think about what you want to achieve (you cannot just say improve bus services, come up with a plan) and then take it your councillor and explain what this issue is and how it can be solved.

btw, I rarely use the bus now as it is too expensive.

james

Post by james » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 11:16 am

Article in today's Guardian echoing everyone's comments here about buses offering a poor expensive service.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... regulation

bengeoresident

Post by bengeoresident » Thu 21 Jan, 2016 2:08 pm

I think that the subsidy for bus services come from local goverment, I doubt that any further investment in bus services is going to happen as every council / goverment agency are looking to reduce opex - probably better to look at the overall services provided and come up a workable service (which I believe happened last year)

http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/tra ... sidyjul15/

jasmine98

Post by jasmine98 » Fri 22 Jan, 2016 10:40 am

Just occurs to me, is there another Cheshunt around this area that has such a bad bus service as Catlover100 suggests. It is certainly not the Cheshunt I know and visit frequently by bus.
Thank you for your support Kateg28, makes a lot of sense.