Hertford Town FC

Discussion on local sporting fixtures and clubs
LoucasX
Hertford Town FC

Post by LoucasX » Thu 01 Dec, 2016 6:19 pm

Good times at Hertford Town FC

The 1st team are second in the league and will go top if they win their games in hand.

Attendances have grown for 7th year running averaging 203 this season.

We have continued growing our disability football team in partnership with Mudlarks and Bengeo Tigers. We have also started an U25 reserves team (who are top of the league), U13s, U14s and a walking football team. We are also proud that Stevenage Ladies play their FA Premier league games at our stadium bringing opposition such as Tottenham, Norwich, Ipswich and MK Dons to Hertford.

The walking football is great fun for anyone (regardless of age) that just wants to play a relaxed game without fear of getting injured. Everyone welcome to join us at the stadium on Sundays at 11am.

3 cracking home fixtures for the 1st team in December are:

3pm Sat 10th Dec vs 4th placed Cockfosters

7:45pm Tue 13th Dec top of the table clash vs league leaders London Colney

7:45pm Tue 20th Dec Cup competition against local rivals and our ex-managers team Hoddesdon.

Steve
Project Leader

Re: Hertford Town FC

Post by Steve » Thu 01 Dec, 2016 8:45 pm

All well and good, but it's unfortunate you're whipping up support for the destruction of the Green Belt on the edge of Hertford.

LoucasX

Post by LoucasX » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 9:35 pm

I am passionate about using the power of football to connect a community which is how we have delivered the growth I listed above.

The leader of the district council has said that because of a shortage of homes, 6% of green belt land in East Herts will have to be built on. I think it is better to do this on a site that is arguably brownfield and as part of a project that will deliver so many other benefits ....i.e. a new club house, improved walking and vehicle access to the stadium, improved parking as well as 2 more youth pitches. I suspect development options in other sites will be even less desirable.

james

Post by james » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 10:09 pm

Steve wrote:All well and good, but it's unfortunate you're whipping up support for the destruction of the Green Belt on the edge of Hertford.
Did I miss something?

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 12:19 am

james wrote:
Steve wrote:All well and good, but it's unfortunate you're whipping up support for the destruction of the Green Belt on the edge of Hertford.
Did I miss something?
The football club are strongly supporting the development of a retirement home on green belt land adjacent to their ground, do doubt due to the sweeteners being offered by the developer.

http://www.hertford.net/discussion/view ... 0&start=10

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Tue 06 Dec, 2016 11:49 pm

Isn't a green belt just as much or even more of an artificial construct than a retirement home with the added drawback that you can't live in it when you retire?

Green Belt was a lovely idea 80 years ago but eventually we're just going to have to suck it up and get on with it or stop breeding. There are now too many back yards for us not to be in....

monkeyman1974

Post by monkeyman1974 » Thu 08 Dec, 2016 9:54 pm

Wow.. bit harsh

Imagine building a retirement home, for people to live in, when they get old.

LoucasX

Post by LoucasX » Thu 02 Feb, 2017 4:44 pm

We made a short video that shows the beauty of local football....particularly because of the volunteers and the fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojLbMWiy3DY