The Key at Herford North

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
xnetco
Re: The Key at Herford North

Post by xnetco » Sat 30 Apr, 2016 2:34 pm

newgirl wrote:I don't suppose you can just use a contactless bank card like you can in the Tube? :?:
You can at Hertford east. It's the same system so it should be fine.

highwood38

Post by highwood38 » Wed 12 Oct, 2016 9:59 pm

Just to resurrect this, I had my Hertford Stations to London terminals season ticket loaded onto the Key and it would never open the barriers at Liverpool Street. It was always accepted by staff but sometimes involved a longish discussion and occasionally them finding a hand scanner and checking it.

I got a reply from GTR this week when I asked about it:

"However I can confirm that you can purchase a Season ticket on your Key with the Origin as Hertford East/North. You will need to load the ticket from Hertford North as Hertford East is not managed by GTR.

Once you have loaded your Key Season ticket, you should be able to travel from Hertford East as the staff at the station have been briefed in regards to accepting GTR Key Smartcards. The brief which has been sent to Hertford East station includes: ''Gates on AGA will be updated to accept The key. Whilst gates are being updated customers using The key will approach AGA staff to allow them to enter/exit gates. Checks can be made to ensure The key has a valid product on it by using hand held readers which are already programmed to read The key. Revenue Teams on board services can also carry out ticket inspections on The key using the same devices.''
"

beebopb

Post by beebopb » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 2:02 pm

I went to renew my season ticket at Hertford North yesterday. The assistant at the ticket office on this occasion advised me that I'd need to have it as a paper ticket if I wanted to use it to travel Hertford East and London.

I wonder whether GTR will ever provide clear and consistent information on this to either staff or customers?

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 18 Apr, 2017 8:08 am

beebopb wrote:I went to renew my season ticket at Hertford North yesterday. The assistant at the ticket office on this occasion advised me that I'd need to have it as a paper ticket if I wanted to use it to travel Hertford East and London.

I wonder whether GTR will ever provide clear and consistent information on this to either staff or customers?
And the problem with paper tickets? They stop working!!!!!

I renewed mine at beginning of March and it started on a Tuesday. It stopped working on the way home on Thursday. So a total of 5 times and it stopped working. And it is a real pain to replace it as my hours mean the ticket offices at North and East are closed, and Moorgate cannot do it. I bought an Oyster card for £5 several years ago and it still works fine. A season ticket for c.£2,5000 only works for 2 days.

(Just to clarify, I don't use the Tube on my commute so the oyster is for occasional journeys in London)