Bircherley Green

News and views on shopping in the county town.
Ellensdottir

Re: Bircherley Green

Post by Ellensdottir » Fri 12 Apr, 2019 1:24 pm

Have we any further information on what is happening to Bircherly Green? Last rumour I heard was that there is now no longer going to be an hotel, but rumour does not say what will be in it’s place. Also I have wondered why they closed the multi story car park so promptly when I think it is still there? Has anybody any news on what is going on, and going to go on?
Steve
Project Leader

Re: Bircherley Green

Post by Steve » Fri 12 Apr, 2019 1:39 pm

Ellensdottir wrote:
Fri 12 Apr, 2019 1:24 pm
Have we any further information on what is happening to Bircherly Green? Last rumour I heard was that there is now no longer going to be an hotel, but rumour does not say what will be in it’s place. Also I have wondered why they closed the multi story car park so promptly when I think it is still there? Has anybody any news on what is going on, and going to go on?
As far as I'm aware, Wrenbridge are contractually obliged to deliver the hotel. Unfortunately when there's an information vacuum, idle gossip will always will it.

My guess about the car park would be security and/or insurance.

Unfortunately, whilst we are "between councils" there will be to Development Management meetings until mid-May at the earliest.