Exiting Hertford North nicely

For the customers of Greater Anglia, FCC and Network Rail
steven
Exiting Hertford North nicely

Post by steven » Thu 24 May, 2018 7:55 pm

Hello,

I'm going to have a moan - about the people that get off the train at Hertford North and decide to get their phones out at that point in their journey, then walk r e a l l y s l o w l y down the myriad steps staring intently at the screen sending messages and holding up everyone behind them.

Please don't, it causes a bit of a pile up and could be dangerous on those steps. Wait until you get outside or stay on the platform? There is ample time on our poor service to send messages, why wait until the stairs are full of people to do it?

chalkie911

Re: Exiting Hertford North nicely

Post by chalkie911 » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:18 pm

Really?!

What a minor gripe.

Get real.

steven

Post by steven » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:45 pm

Thanks chalkie911.

It is a minor gripe, one of those that, after a few years, starts to annoy you, particularly when it's not just one person but four or five, holding a lot of people up.

I am real thanks.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Fri 25 May, 2018 8:41 am

Apparently they are changing the doors that exit the station which will be good as they are a real bottleneck. They will be sliding doors which should help.

I do understand about the phones. I almost always wait on platform til everyone has gone as I hate the crowds, and I get to say hello to Paul, the happy barrier staff member.

TcfL

Post by TcfL » Sat 26 May, 2018 8:23 am

I don't feel it is a minor gripe it just shows how inconsiderate some can be. Why not type your messages whilst on the train or stay on the platform until the crowd has left? I often think - would those that do it see it as a gripe if they were rushing for a morning train and there were one or two walking slowly up the platform stairs sending messages with a result of you missing the train?