Chambers DNA

Family history. Trace your forebears and ancestors in Hertford.
Timothychambers
Chambers DNA

Post by Timothychambers » Wed 30 Mar, 2016 3:41 am

William Chambers came to County Mayo, Ireland in the early 1600's. He and his family resided at Kilboyne House. He was knighted as was his son, Robert. The cost of arms featured a chevron with three cinquefoils. In Burke's Armoury the family came from Hertfordshire.
There is a strong possibility that the male line descended from Norwegian Vikings.
Has any male Chambers in Hertfordshire taken the yDNA test?
If so please contact me at timothychambers@yahoo.com
Thank you
Tim

Marilyn

Re: Chambers DNA

Post by Marilyn » Fri 01 Apr, 2016 9:14 am

Not a family member so can't help with DNA but Sir Thomas Chambers was baptised in Hertford in 1814, his family owned property here, he was MP and there is Chambers Street named for him as it was built on his land. They lived at 1 and owned 1 to 7 Port Hill Hertford if its the same family?

Timothychambers

Post by Timothychambers » Fri 01 Apr, 2016 10:08 pm

Thanks for the reply, Marilyn.
I expect that the Chambers in Hertford would probably be the same family after about 16 generations. Burke's General Armoury said that the family came from Great Plomar, Hertfordshire. That may be a mistake. There is a Great Amwell with a Plomar monument close to Hertford. I'm hoping that there may be some male Chambers descendants still in the area.
They have the same Coat of Arms as the Chambers in Kent but, unfortunately, many of them actually had a Stepney ancestor so DNA testing would be useless.
Regards,
Tim

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Sat 02 Apr, 2016 1:04 am

I know of a Matt Chambers. He runs a record label called Insomnia.