Bengeo photos

Questions and discussions about the town's past
Marilyn
Bengeo photos

Post by Marilyn » Tue 03 Dec, 2013 9:04 am

I am looking for a picture of the shops in The Avenue, Bengeo early on when there was a chemist and off licence.

If anyone has one I would be most grateful.
Also any of the shop in Bengeo Street almost opposite what is now the car sales/ car wash when it was Onyon's /Twigger's/ or the baby shop would be great.

Been searching for a while and so far no luck with these.

Drama Queen

Re: Bengeo photos

Post by Drama Queen » Wed 04 Dec, 2013 12:07 pm

I remember the Avenue Chemist, I still have a lovely comb I bought there for 10p before it changed to the hairdressers... I didn't know there was an off licence though.. I remember we had our Silver Jubilee street party in the parking bays at the avenue shops in 1977 wonder if any of the photos show the shops in the back.. I sadly don't have the photos, too young to worry about them, but somebody might have some....

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Wed 04 Dec, 2013 1:44 pm

Drama Queen wrote:I remember the Avenue Chemist, I still have a lovely comb I bought there for 10p before it changed to the hairdressers... I didn't know there was an off licence though.. I remember we had our Silver Jubilee street party in the parking bays at the avenue shops in 1977 wonder if any of the photos show the shops in the back.. I sadly don't have the photos, too young to worry about them, but somebody might have some....

I am hoping so but so far no one has come up with any. If you know anyone that might have can you ask them for me.

Put it in Outlook but not had any response there yet and also this months parish magazine.

Have had a great deal of help on other things but so far a photo of the shops is proving elusive! Even tried Mac's think they might have one of the off licence and they don't have any .

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Thu 02 Jan, 2014 1:33 pm

Not had any luck so Far with The Avenue shops photo when they first opened so just trying again....................also if anyone has any old photos of the house that used to be next to the workingmen's club before it was demolished or the house that stood in Bengeo Street opposite the end of the twitchell to The Drive before the maisonettes were built there.

Have been very lucky with some other photos though................................watch this space in May!