Is anything happening?

Hertford Town Council and East Herts District Council elections take place in May 2019
JohnSmith
Re: Is anything happening?

Post by JohnSmith » Sat 04 May, 2019 5:15 pm

Blimey, how will the old school react to so many outsiders?

TcfL

Post by TcfL » Sun 05 May, 2019 8:44 am

I believe it will be a positive response as (IMO) the electorate has clearly said they want wider input and discussion in their local politics. Lets hope that everyone who has been successful brings forward new ideas and is proactive in improving our lives.

beebopb

Post by beebopb » Tue 07 May, 2019 12:48 pm

TcfL wrote:
Fri 03 May, 2019 1:12 pm
From my lowly position and only looking at the results for Hertford I feel there was a clear statement that the electorate, whilst in the main happy with EHDC, are looking for a Council that is more prepared to challenge central Government on issues such as building on the green belt and laying more concrete on the countryside. Cities have greater power than Districts, who get pushed around by Central and County. I feel the vote is saying people want a greater, not less than, say on what happens in their district and is looking to its Council to respect that view. There also needs to be a clearer and more open published dialogue with County which at times seems of the opinion it runs the show irrespective of what voters feel.
Wow! Care to explain exactly how you manage to divine all that from looking at these results?

newcomer

Post by newcomer » Tue 07 May, 2019 2:45 pm

highwayman wrote:
Sat 04 May, 2019 8:53 am
Town council results here:
https://hertford.net/local-news/?id=189
Welcome Tony and Alex
As well as the new Greens, there is also Andrew & Stuart (LibDem) and Rob & Mary (Labour).