Esso Garage

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
buzz
Esso Garage

Post by buzz » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 6:50 am

Be aware that the Esso Garage in Hertingfordbury road witll be closed from 18th APRIL until 18th JULY for essential maintenance

Marilyn

Re: Esso Garage

Post by Marilyn » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 11:44 am

You beat me to it. Seems like a long time.................not sure where to go I HATE Rush Green!

Its a shame Sainsburys could not get permission when they applied.....................

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 12:10 pm

Marilyn wrote:You beat me to it. Seems like a long time.................not sure where to go I HATE Rush Green!

Its a shame Sainsburys could not get permission when they applied.....................
I don't recall any of Saunsbury's planning applications including a filling station

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 2:06 pm

It's either Rush Green or Tesco Hatfield, or Tesco Cheshunt....

Apparently they are replacing the tanks. The shop will remain unchanged when it reopens. Feel sorry for the staff - some have to go and work in Loughton for the duration.

Sudi

Post by Sudi » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 2:08 pm

There used to be loads of petrol stations in and around the town when l was young, shame that we have lost so many! lt's not like the car is going out of fashion just yet!!

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 3:29 pm

Robbo wrote:It's either Rush Green or Tesco Hatfield, or Tesco Cheshunt....

Apparently they are replacing the tanks. The shop will remain unchanged when it reopens. Feel sorry for the staff - some have to go and work in Loughton for the duration.
Morrison's at Panshangar is closer than Hatfield

dutch knight

Post by dutch knight » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 3:30 pm

Robbo wrote:It's either Rush Green or Tesco Hatfield, or Tesco Cheshunt....

Or Morrisons WGC on Black Fan Road

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Thu 17 Apr, 2014 8:59 pm

Steve wrote:
Marilyn wrote:You beat me to it. Seems like a long time.................not sure where to go I HATE Rush Green!

I don't recall any of Saunsbury's planning applications including a filling station
Don't think it got as far as planning, they found they would not be allowed as they were so close to the rivers.
I was told they also considered the old Waters site but not sure if that was correct.

highwayman

Post by highwayman » Fri 18 Apr, 2014 1:56 pm

The Sainsburys story rings true. I believe Morrissons have pulled out of an application for a new store In Hemel Hempstead as they were weren't allowed to build petrol tanks by the river.

Hazelw

Post by Hazelw » Fri 18 Apr, 2014 8:38 pm

I know it's not really on the way to anywhere, but there's also petrol stations in Hoddesdon and one on the other side of Ware.