New Houses near Hertford East

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Hertford?
Smudger
New Houses near Hertford East

Post by Smudger » Sun 16 Jul, 2017 4:11 pm

Pictures up on the fencing - showing the new development.

They have been a bit naughty though - there were lots of complaints that the flats were going to be too high - so they've added an extra floor to the building next door to make it look lower !!
Attachments
houses 2.JPG
houses 2.JPG (78.39KiB)Viewed 9645 times
houses 1.JPG
houses 1.JPG (152.53KiB)Viewed 9645 times

HertfordEastEnd

Re: New Houses near Hertford East

Post by HertfordEastEnd » Thu 20 Jul, 2017 2:27 pm

I am interested to know what retail outlet will go on the ground floor. When the new flats opened on Claude Hamilton Way I was hoping for a coffee shop near the train station, but that turned into a hairdressers. I remember asking the builder what was going in there, and he laughed and said "if you're after a coffee shop you're out of luck!" I assume that he had been asked the same question quite a few times.

Would be nice to have coffee shop a bit closer to Hertford East, although the nearest one is Costa by Maplin which isn't too far to be honest, or a nice walk into town along by the barge.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Thu 20 Jul, 2017 3:28 pm

HertfordEastEnd wrote:Would be nice to have coffee shop a bit closer to Hertford East, although the nearest one is Costa by Maplin which isn't too far to be honest, or a nice walk into town along by the barge.
Er, Maplin? I don't think we have one of those in Hertford.

Most of the retail units that feature in these developments are a requirement of EHDC planning, rather than the actual developer, which to my mind is a little daft given the current retail climate. Still, I'm delighted to see that the Priory Gate unit has been let out and similarly the three at Beeson's Yard.

HertfordEastEnd

Post by HertfordEastEnd » Thu 20 Jul, 2017 3:47 pm

Did I say Maplin? Whoops I think I meant Matalan! :roll:

codek2

Post by codek2 » Fri 21 Jul, 2017 4:45 pm

A maplin would be cool though :) Especially with all the maker robot bits and bobs they do these days!