Hertford's lovely walks and...

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Robbo
Hertford's lovely walks and...

Post by Robbo » Tue 04 Feb, 2014 11:44 am

Came across this example of bush decoration on Kings Mead at the weekend. A bin was 300 yards further down the path. Have seen loads of other examples of this sort of behaviour on other footpaths.

You have to feel sorry for the poor mutt....
2014-02-02 11.48.08 1.JPG
2014-02-02 11.48.08 1.JPG (180.32KiB)Viewed 13327 times

Hugh

Re: Hertford's lovely walks and...

Post by Hugh » Tue 04 Feb, 2014 3:44 pm

Responsible dog owners eh!!! I have seen people pick the bag up on the way back from the dog walk and put it in a bin as they didn't want to carry it for a couple of miles. However I would have thought if they were that irresponsibly way inclined, it was better not to pick it up if it was in an open field, not near a footpath, and it would decompose quite quickly naturally. Unfortunately in a plastic bag it may well be there for years!! I can't see why anyone wouldn't, after going to the trouble of picking it up, put it in a bin :x

bubbaoshea

Post by bubbaoshea » Tue 04 Feb, 2014 6:05 pm

As a dog owner i completly agree. Have to say this sort of thing really annoys me. In fact where we live, there has recently been a spate of hanging bags on peoples bushes outside their house. I find it amazing that people have the front to tie their dogs mess to someones bush in their front garden.

I'm hoping i spot the person(s) one evening as i will make a point of calling them out and making sure they take it the extra 400 yards to the bin, like i do every day!

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Tue 04 Feb, 2014 6:22 pm

I have one local owner who lets his (might be a woman) dog do his business on my drive and then just leaves it there. I think leaving a bag would be preferable as I could put that in the bin.

Haven't caught them yet as it is just out of sight of my windows but I can tell you it is quite a large dog with a healthy appetite. And it is not an accident, it is clearly my drive and not on the edge of it either.
When I do catch him (I am an optimist) I will discreetly follow him and then leave him parcels on his doorstep

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Tue 04 Feb, 2014 7:40 pm

Although this is going over old ground from the "old" forum it became a hot topic (no pun intended) for me. We walk our dog on Waterford Heath when we can and I am amazed at the ability of some dog owners to neatly bag poop and then leave it on the ground or hanging from a tree where the chances of natural decomposition are slim. Often these presents can be found yards from the dog waste bins provided.

All poop should be bagged and binned. The total ignorance and insensitivity of idiots who do half the job (which is actually worse than no job (again no pun intended)) gets right on my pip!! :x :x

Nothing would delight me more than to return these gifts to the perpetrators through their letterboxes.

bubbaoshea

Post by bubbaoshea » Wed 05 Feb, 2014 11:45 am

Taking my son to school this morning, walking along Elton Rd/Church Rd and it appears the 'less their dogs mess on the ground' brigade were out in force again last night!

Having to stop my son running along so he doesn't step in it is really annoying. I really want to catch the culprets, pick their dogs mess up, follow them to their house and leave it on their doorstep.

Darcy Sarto

Post by Darcy Sarto » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 3:41 pm

More bagged up poop lying in wait in the beautiful sunshine at Waterford this morning.

Whilst these idiots (as discussed earlier) should be re-united with their gifts perhaps it would have more of an effect on their moronic brains if we pointed out that they face a potentially greater fine for littering (leaving a bag of poop) than for allowing their dog to foul.

:evil: :x

Toady

Post by Toady » Sun 16 Feb, 2014 9:23 pm

Unbelievable isn't it?

KatyBusby

Post by KatyBusby » Fri 07 Mar, 2014 10:45 am

I can't bear it when some dog owners give responsible owners a bad name. I am absolutely scrupulous about picking up after my dog. Even if he's had several when we're out and I'm out of (biodegradable) bags I always find a way to scoop, either with tissue or whatever else I might have in my bag or pockets. I once used two Tesco receipts to pick one up and would sooner use my bare hands than leave a mess for other walkers or their children. This is a real bugbear of mine!! :cry:

Hazelw

Post by Hazelw » Fri 07 Mar, 2014 11:13 pm

I must admit, if I'm coming back the same way on a dog walk, I'll often leave the poop (scooped and bagged) by the side of the path and pick it up on the way back. Especially if there aren't any dog bins on the way and I know I'm going to be taking it home with me. I don't see the point of carting along a bag of poo if I don't need to.

Of course, if I'm going another way, it comes with me and I pop it in a bin when I can.