Hartham Common problems. Particularly in school holiday breaks.

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
Ewoowar
Hartham Common problems. Particularly in school holiday breaks.

Post by Ewoowar » Wed 22 Apr, 2015 4:44 pm

Perhaps it is all too easy to blame the fair though it may not be the cause. But I know that Hertford and Hartham Common and The Meads are a particular attraction for some travelling up to Hertford East, particularly in school holidays.

There were many instances last summer with local kids confronted by what they called Cheshunt and Hoddesdon groups of kids. The Hertford kids The kids know where these thugs come from.

Aside from the two stories in the Mercury I know of others including a local fourteen year old being chased by a thug with a bottle last weekend.

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/T ... story.html

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/A ... story.html

I'm not assuming the Hertford teenagers are saints but it would seem that trouble happens to them.

Kateg28

Re: Hartham Common problems. Particularly in school holiday breaks.

Post by Kateg28 » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 8:08 am

My son used to hang around there with his friends as it was somewhere for them to go but he stopped when it became too much hassle from out of towners and potential violence.

He also cited drug use as quote common there (no pun intended) and this is not an area that interests him as it would interfere with his sporting activities.

Ewoowar

Re: Hartham Common problems. Particularly in school holiday breaks.

Post by Ewoowar » Thu 23 Apr, 2015 2:49 pm

Added to this is the group of Hertford teenagers on Hartham common made to line up and hand over cash to some lads from Cheshunt last week.

I also recall last summer (school holidays again) some Hertford teenagers out by the river having problems with groups from Cheshunt/Hoddesdon.

Hartham and The Meads become a no-go area for local children during school holidays.