Election Page

Discussions about the Parliamentary and local council elections in Hertford
admin
Site Admin
Election Page

Post by admin » Wed 15 Apr, 2015 6:26 pm

Our Election page is now online, featuring a full list of candidates for the Parliamentary, District and Town Council elections.

www.hertford.net/election

Marilyn

Re: Election Page

Post by Marilyn » Thu 16 Apr, 2015 8:08 am

You may want to check the list Andrew Stevenson at Kingsmead has the Conservative logo but it say Labour!

james

Post by james » Thu 16 Apr, 2015 12:12 pm

Couln't help but smile at UKIP candidate Moses Gonzalez. A name that's surely going to confuse your average UKIP knucklehead. :lol:

night owl

Post by night owl » Tue 05 May, 2015 10:40 pm

Just think James it might just be that them knuckleheads are the ones who keep the conservatives in power? :o

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Wed 06 May, 2015 2:07 am

night owl wrote:Just think James it might just be that them knuckleheads are the ones who keep the conservatives in power? :o
I doubt they'll have that much influence.

SloopJohnB

Post by SloopJohnB » Wed 06 May, 2015 1:47 pm

Mrs B and I were just saying that since moving to Folly Island about 20 years ago not one prospective candidate from any party for any level of government has ever knocked on our door to canvass for a vote. We get some literature but no human touch. Although I think I recall Norman Lindop knocking on the door when Folly Island was part of Castle Ward (but it might have been an optical illusion brought on by too much AK). Folly Island is now in Bengeo Ward owing to the River Lea boundary. No candidate from Bengeo has ever walked down the hill or over Hartham Common to seduce me. I once told the Tory faithful one sunny Saturday morning during the 2011 election that next time I might stand as the sole candidate for the Independence for Folly Island Party. I don't feel much attachment to Bengeo (nothing personal) and not much more towards Castle Ward either (although I tend to know a few more people there). If in the few hours left to them any candidate feels like knocking on my door and tells me what they intend to do with the amenity land to the rear of my property I will give them my vote. Can't be fairer than that.

dennismoore

Post by dennismoore » Fri 08 May, 2015 2:36 pm

Nice little quiz here: 'How well do you know the constituency of Hertford and Stortford?'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/cons ... -index.inc

I only scored 65%, I'm sure others will do much better.

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 » Fri 08 May, 2015 3:32 pm

I got 66% but it was quite a revelation.