A414 Corridor Consultation

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
jbond
Re: A414 Corridor Consultation

Post by jbond » Mon 03 Dec, 2018 6:07 pm

Click back and forth on Open - Closed and I get.
https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/about- ... ation.aspx

This consultation is open from 3 December 2018
This consultation closes on 8 June 2019

Mistake? Or something else? I Also see that the 25 February 2019 date appears in the PDFs, especially the summaries.

codek2

Post by codek2 » Tue 04 Dec, 2018 10:55 am

ah ha! they don't know when it ends then :) Not exactly inspiring is it!

codek2

Post by codek2 » Tue 04 Dec, 2018 10:56 am

interesting ideas about replacing the st albans branch line with a bus route. not heard of that one before, but apparently it comes up year after year, a bit like our bypass :)

monkeyman1974

Post by monkeyman1974 » Tue 04 Dec, 2018 11:48 am

monkeyman1974

Post by monkeyman1974 » Tue 04 Dec, 2018 12:48 pm

monkeyman1974 wrote:
Tue 04 Dec, 2018 11:48 am
https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/about- ... ation.aspx

Consultation now open
Apologies, noticed my post was a repetition.

jbond

Post by jbond » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 7:41 pm

http://www.hertfordcivicsociety.org.uk/diary.html
16th January 2019, Wednesday: 7.30 start
A414 strategy – bypass for Hertford? - talk then discussion

Derrick Ashley, County Councillor, Executive Member for Environment, Planning & Transport

The County Council is consulting on a potential Hertford bypass until 23 February 2019. It is looking at this option as part of a wider strategy to upgrade the capacity of the A414, with a southern route as the preferred option. The issue of whether or not to have this bypass is still a ‘live’ one among decision-makers, and Councillor Ashley is keen to hear how people in Hertford respond to this proposal. Please do come both to listen and to have your say.

For just this meeting we shall use The Catholic church (not the hall, given its limited capacity), from 7.30 sharp through to 9 pm. (The Church of the Immaculate Conception and St Joseph, St John’s Street, Hertford, SG14 1RX, off Railway Street, near Hertford East station). It will not be possible to provide preliminary refreshments. Meeting open to non-members; no fee.

TcfL

Post by TcfL » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 11:50 am

Having made a quick read through I have many comments on this but was more interested in trying to tie down the proposed route and found this in the Habitat Regulations Assessment: "HRA implications.The closest part of the proposed bypass route options pass approximately 380m north of Wormey-Hoddesdon park Woods
SAC. There are therefore no anticipated air pollution impacts on the designated site. Although the proposed route options pass within 500m of the designated site, the site is designated for habitats rather than the animals that inhabit them, and therefore increase noise during construction will not adversely affect the features for
which the site is designated." It is also suggested it could link into the B195 at WGC.

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 4:51 pm

TcfL wrote:
Sun 13 Jan, 2019 11:50 am
Having made a quick read through I have many comments on this but was more interested in trying to tie down the proposed route and found this in the Habitat Regulations Assessment: "HRA implications.The closest part of the proposed bypass route options pass approximately 380m north of Wormey-Hoddesdon park Woods
SAC. There are therefore no anticipated air pollution impacts on the designated site. Although the proposed route options pass within 500m of the designated site, the site is designated for habitats rather than the animals that inhabit them, and therefore increase noise during construction will not adversely affect the features for
which the site is designated." It is also suggested it could link into the B195 at WGC.
The bypass is currently no more than an aspiration. There is no route and no budget. However, I believe that both the District and County councils are keen to move this forward, hence the meeting to gauge the public mood.

I'm guessing your quote is probably based on options floated when the bypass was last formerly discussed in the 1990s.

Toady

Post by Toady » Sun 13 Jan, 2019 10:22 pm

It will be very interesting to hear what Councillor Ashley says this week - I'll try to get along if I can. While I think everyone would accept that living in a town which "locks up" twice a day for at least two - three hours is not great, I do feel the County Council have a tricky balance to achieve. Something of the order of 60% plus of traffic on Gascoyne Way has an origin or destination in Hertford (so isn't through traffic in the traditional sense); any bypass would need to "hug" Hertford pretty closely to attract the maximum amount of true through traffic to give a positive economic benefit; and, assuming the route is to be to the south of town, it would cut through some pretty expensive property (previous route crossed the railway just beyond the top of Horns Mill estate and went through Balls Park and what is now Foxholes Farm. Now that may just about be acceptable to those affected provided the route is well mitigated (cuttings, earth bunding, screening). At today's prices I wouldn't be surprised if the price tag for that was nudging half a billion. Good luck HCC!

Steve
Project Leader

Post by Steve » Mon 14 Jan, 2019 3:57 am

I dare say it'll go to a Public Enquiry. Hopefully it'll be in Hertford so that everyone attending can experience the congestion.