Gallery: Tamworth Road

Tamworth Road was first built in the mid-1880s and was originally known as Tamworth Street. Initially it was just a 100m cul-de-sac ending at The Gulphs, but at the beginning of the 20th century it was extended 300m. The south side of the road was residential, whilst the north side was mostly industrial. Much of the business use has now been replaced with housing.

Other Galleries

  • Landmarks

    Photos of landmarks in and around Hertford town centre, including the Castle, brewery and Shire Hall.

  • The River

    Photos of The River Lee as it flows through Hertford.

  • Housing

    Image of housing around the town

  • From The Air

    Pictures of Hertford from the air, taken in March 2010.

  • The Past In Pictures

    Photos of Hertford during the 19th and early 20th centuries, courtesy of Hertford Museum.

  • By Night

    Photos of Hertford taken by night

  • Bluecoats

    Bluecoats was home to Christ's Hospital School for almost 400 years

  • Cole Green Way

    Images from The Cole Green Way

  • Housebuilding

    Photos of housebuilding in Hertford

  • Bengeo

    Photos of Bengeo

  • Bircherley Green

    Photos of Bircherley Green Shopping Centre before closure

  • Lockdown Hertford

    Photos documenting the Covid-19 lockdown in Hertford

  • Panshanger Park

    The popular 1000 acre country park and nature reserve

  • Shops & Shopfronts

    A look at some of Hertford's shops and shopfronts

  • Hertford Carnival

    A look back at the last 10 years of Hertford Carnival

  • Sele Farm

    Sele Farm is one of the town's main housing estates

  • Street Names

    Find out the origin of some of Hertford's street names

  • Churches

    Churches in Hertford

  • Rock At The Castle

    Annual music festival in the grounds of Hertford Castle

  • Waterford Heath

    Nature reserve north of Hertford

  • Street Names 2

    More background to some of Hertford's street names